Here’s the Dean River Angler’sCreed, as posted at the airstripnear the mouth of the river. This is a pretty good set of commitments to make on anyriver, wouldn’t you say?
Dean River Anglers’ Creed
- respect the river, its fish and fellow anglers.
- share the water and practice rotation angling.
- park my vehicle out of sight and sound of other anglers.
- keep my camp clean and bearproof.
- leave only my footprints: my garbage goes out with me.
- be careful with my campfire.
- maintain a pit toilet and not foul the river.
- give wading anglers a wide berth with my powerboat.
- not discharge firearms unnecessarily.
- respect and not harass wildlife.
I found this on Deneki's blog. Lack of river side etiquette is rampant on all rivers and streams. I think it is just an extension of our current society and I'm more than certain this lack of etiquette carries over into their everyday lives.